Interface Billing Questions and Answers


Can I pay my bill online or set up automatic payments?

Yes!  Click here: < ONLINE PAYMENT CENTER > to pay your bill safely and securely by Credit Card or ACH, or to establish automatic payments.

Why has my auto-payment not been taken and applied to my account?

Your automatic payment by credit card or ACH may have been was declined because the account is overdrawn/over its limit or the credit card has expired. You can update the expiration date of your credit card at < ONLINE PAYMENT CENTER >and make a one time payment there to replace that missed payment.

What is the mailing address for a payment by check?

Interface Security Systems, LLC
8339 Solutions Center
Chicago, IL 60677-8003

Will I be charged extra if my payment is late?

A 1.5% service charge will be assessed if payment is not received within 30 days of the invoice date.


Am I billed for services in advance?

Interface and its associated companies bill and require payment prior to providing the services. Invoices are generally dated the first of the month in which service is provided, and are mailed 7-10 days in advance of that date.

If my due date shows Due Upon Receipt, what is the actual due date?

Payment is due once the USPS carrier delivers it to your mailbox.To avoid late fees, please remit payment so that it is received within 30 days of the invoice date

Why am I not receiving my recurring invoice?

Paper invoices are not mailed once an account is set up for automatic payments. If you require a paper invoice while on automatic payments, please send a request to

How can I change the mailing address for my invoice?

Send the new address to: Please include your account number.

Can I be billed quarterly, semi-annually or annually instead of monthly?

Yes! Please send your preference to and the change will be made to your account. Your automatic payments will also be changed to match your new billing interval.

Why did I receive an invoice for service or installation when my account is set up for automatic payments?

Service and Installation charges are not included in automatic payment processing. You can pay these invoices on line at < ONLINE PAYMENT CENTER > or by check to the address on the invoice.

Taxes and Fees

I am tax exempt – how can I get taxes removed from my invoices?

Please send a copy of your tax exemption certificate(s) to and we will stop charging any type of tax that is properly documented as being exempt.

Where can I find W-9 forms and information?

Please click on Legal Information at the bottom of our Home Page for W-9 forms and supplemental information from the IRS.

Why am I charged for a permit fee?

Certain municipalities require security companies to collect alarm permit fees from their residents and remit the fee to the city. This is similar to sales taxes.

What are all of the taxes, fees and surcharges on my invoice?

Universal Service Fund – Federal

The Universal Service Fund helps keep local service rates affordable to all and provides discounts on services to schools, libraries and low-income families. The Federal level USF is assessed on approximate interstate calls.

Universal Service Fund – State

The Universal Service Fund helps keep local service rates affordable to all and provides discounts on services to schools, libraries and low-income families. The State level USF is assessed on approximate intrastate calls.

Telecommunications Relay Surcharge

Funds the telecommunications relay center which assists hearing and speech impaired individuals in communicating with others.

Sales Taxes – State and Local

Sales and Use taxes levied by the governing authority for each state, municipality, and county.

Communication Services Taxes – State and Local (range)

Communications Services taxes and fees levied by the governing authority for each state, municipality, and county.

Cost Recovery Surcharge

These surcharges recover part of the costs of local facilities and other costs associated with reporting to governing authorities.

If you believe there is an error on your bill or have a question about your service, please call Interface Security Systems, LLC customer support at (314) 595-0188.

If you are not satisfied with Interface Security Systems, LLC’s response, submit a complaint to the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) by visiting Billing and service complaints are handled by the CPUC’s Consumer Affairs Branch (CAB), which can be reached by the following means if you prefer not to submit your complaint online:

Telephone: 1-800-649-7570 (8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday)

Mail: California Public Utilities Commission, Consumer Affairs Branch
505 Van Ness Avenue, Room 2003
San Francisco, CA 94102

If you have limitations hearing or speaking, dial 711 to reach the California Relay Service, which is for those needing direct assistance relaying telephone conversations, as well their friends, family, and business contacts. If you prefer having your calls immediately answered in your mode of communication, dial one of the toll-free language-specific numbers below to be routed to the California Relay Service provider.

Type of Call Language Toll-free 800 Number TTY/VCO/HCO to Voice English Spanish 1-800-735-2929 1-800-855-3000 Voice to TTY/VCO/HCO English Spanish 1-800-735-2922 1-800-855-3000 From or to Speech-to- Speech English & Spanish 1-800-854-7784

To avoid having service turned off while you wait for the outcome of a complaint to the CPUC specifically regarding the accuracy of your bill, please contact CAB for assistance. If your case meets the eligibility criteria, CAB will provide you with instructions on how to mail a check or money order to be impounded pending resolution of your case. You must continue to pay your current charges while your complaint is under review to keep your service turned on.

Are you having trouble using the telephone due to a hearing or speech disability?

Relay is a free telephone service that uses specially trained communications assistants to facilitate telephone calls between people with hearing and speech disabilities and other individuals. Calls can be made to anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. All calls are completely confidential. To make a relay call dial 7-1-1. Once connected to the relay service, tell the communications assistant the type of relay call you wish to make. Or, you may dial the specific toll-free number for the type of relay service.

Types of Relay Services

Captioned Telephone Service (CTS) CTS uses a special telephone with a text display screen so that a person who is hard of hearing can listen to and read captions of everything the other person on the call says. You speak directly to the other person on the call, and a relay communications assistant transcribes everything the other person says into captions, which appear on the display screen of your CTS phone.

Emergency Assistance: TTY callers should dial 911 directly in an emergency. All 911 centers are equipped to handle TTY calls.

Internet Protocol Captioned Telephone Service (IP CTS) Internet-based forms of CTS are available for those who would like to use CTS on a computer, tablet, or smartphone. Go to:

Computer (ASCII): Computer users can access Minnesota Relay. Set your communications software to the following protocols: speeds ranging from 300 to 2400; 8 Bits; No Parity; 1 Stop Bit; Full Duplex. When calling at a rate of 300 or below, follow the above using Half Duplex.

Hearing Carry Over (HCO): HCO allows a person who can hear clearly but who has very limited or no speech capability to make phone calls. Using a special text telephone, you type your conversation for the relay communications assistant to read to the other person, and listen directly to the other person’s response.

Hearing User: A hearing person may use a standard telephone or mobile phone to place a relay call and speak with a person who is deaf, hard of hearing, or speech disabled.

Internet Protocol (IP) Relay IP Relay combines text-based relay service with the ease of the Internet – no need for a TTY. You can make your relay call using a computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Go to:

Spanish Relay: Spanish speaking persons with a hearing or speech disability are able to make relay calls. This is not a translation service – both parties must speak Spanish, and at least one party must have a hearing or speech disability.

Speech-to-Speech (STS): STS allows a person who has difficulty speaking or being understood on the phone to communicate using his or her own voice or voice synthesizer. The communications assistant re-voices your words so that the other person on the call can understand them, and the other person speaks directly to you.

Text Telephone (TTY): This service allows a person who is deaf, deafblind, or speech disabled to use a TTY to communicate with the other person on the call.

Video Relay Service (VRS) VRS allows a person who uses American Sign Language (ASL) to communicate over the phone. The VRS user connects to the relay communications assistant via an Internet-enabled device with a video camera. The communications assistant relays the conversation back and forth between the parties – in ASL with the VRS user and by voice with the called party. Go to:

Voice Carry Over (VCO): VCO allows a person with a hearing disability, but who wants to use his or her own voice, to speak directly to the other party. The communications assistant then types the other party’s response, which is displayed on the VCO user’s text telephone.

You may also file a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission:
Voice: 1-888-225-5322
TTY: 1-888-835-5322
ASL via VP: 1-844-432-2275

My question is not here. Where do I send my question?

Please send your question to or call us at 866-593-3485 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM Central Time, Monday through Friday.

 For complete list of departments, toll free numbers and an email form, please visit our CONTACT US page.